It’s that time of the year again and we here again with the Makeup artistry for 2019, is large commercial enterprise right here with studios being filled to the brim with willing clients all waiting to be transformed through those blessed hands. This year’s list has been judged based totally on popularity, social media presence, relevance and overall effect on the industry as a whole. Take a observe this year’s listing of the very fine makeup artists for 2019
1. Lola Maja-Okojevoh is a Nigerian make-up artist; her speciality includes; unique effects, eyebrows and eyelashes. She is also a massage therapist, splendour tutor, and Spa and Cosmetics Brand Consultant. She is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of “Sacred Beauty”; she is thought for operating on several major style activities and on major films together with The Figurine and October 1, as well as several tune videos. She has performed makeup for celebrities consisting of Genevieve Nnaji and Tiwa Savage. She additionally has worked with major fashion magazines, such as Style Mania and FAB, as well as fashions like Iman and Tyson Beckford. In 2015, she won the “Best Make-up” Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award for October 1.
2. Bimpe Onakoya Highly sought after movie star make-up artist and Maybelline New York Nigeria innovative director had a busy year, now not slowed down via her triple dose of joy, the make-up artist went to one of a kind parts of the world with pinnacle celebrities displaying of her easy and evidently flawless beats.
3. Awele Aina is the Artistic Director for Elise Claire Cosmetics New York Nigeria. She is a renowned celebrity makeup artist, beauty blogger and photographer with over 7 years experience in the Nigeria makeup industry.
Awele Aina is a highly sort after makeup artist and has worked on the set of many local and international music videos, editorial spreads, movies, magazine, campaigns, fashion shows and Tv commercials. Over the years, Awele Aina has trained over 3,000 students through various platforms: master class, monthly class, one on one class and brush up classes in almost every major city in Nigeria, London and USA. What earns Awele Aina a spot in the beauty industry is her flawless coverage and finish, her clients can’t get enough of the effortless-looking soft finish she leaves on them. She is the only makeup artist who does her makeup tutorials in the Yoruba language on YouTube, according to her she is also using it to promote her language. Some of her notable clientele include Director Mattmax (official makeup artist) Clarence Peters, Adasa Cookey, Aje Films, Unlimited LA, Moe Musa, Sesan Ogunro, Patrick Elis, Mex Films, Hg2Films, Adams Gud, AY Live Show, Dynamics Award, Ovation Magazine, Vita Foam Ltd, The Slay Network USA, Tecno Mobile, Stanbic IBTC, Tush Magazine and more
4. Anita Brows whose is actually called Anita Adetoye has risen through the ranks to emerge as one of the predominant makeup artists in Nigeria. Anita was one of the first Nigerian makeup artists to harness the energy of social media, particularly Instagram, and use it to successfully sell her brand and construct a following. Thanks to her relationship with long-time purchaser and buddy TokeMakinwa, Anita’s competencies have been showcased to the arena and from there, her commercial enterprise thrived. Earlier this year, Anita Adetoye made the #Forbes30under30 list, an annual listing to recognise some of the brightest young marketers and moguls in the making throughout the continent. She is one of the first Nigerian make-up-artists to nail a signature appearance and construct her emblem way to her easy yet subtly glamorous method to her looks. Anita has now amassed a legion of celebrity fanatics along with SharonOoja, AdukeBey and GbemiOlateruOlagbegi.
5. Joyce Jacob Beauty has garnered a following of almost 70k thanks to her classic, simple technique to makeup. Now as ‘Africa’s leading award-winning MUA, Joyce has laboured with high-profile clients together with Mo Abudu, Idia Aisien and is a favourite of African song sensation, Tiwa Savage. The eponymous label, which released in 2009 has made primary strides with Joyce being the driven, ambitious force behind it. Joyce Jacob Beauty is determined to be one of the most powerful splendour manufacturers on the continent. Joyce has an aptitude for striking yet diffused makeup seems and her signature fashion leaves her special clients feeling special and delightful even as still very much, searching like the exceptional variations of themselves.
6. Doranne Beauty Theodora Mogo is the Head Makeup Artist and Creative Director at Doranne Beauty Makeup Artistry Company. Doranne Beauty is a corporation favourite among celebrities and socialites alike. Started in 2013, Doranne Beauty has built a stellar reputation in the industry with stunning Theodora being the face of the young, a laugh brand. With two locations, one in Ikeja and the other in Lekki, Doranne Beauty is making women feel lovely on each aspect of the bridge. Doranne Beauty focusses on a radiant glow and dewy, healthful looking pores and skin making all their client’s appearance incredible.
7. Beyonce If there’s any Nigerian MUA that has managed to create a signature look, it is Bebe Omagbemi, popularly known as Beyonce. The MUA transforms her customers into elfin beauties and for this creative MUA, it is all in the eyes. She makes use of make-up to create these baby doll eyes complete with the wispiest, maximum fluttery lashes you have ever seen. No woman leaves looking the identical after being touched by means of Bebe.
8. Tolani Aremu is the top MUA and CEO of Artistry by Tolani. She was born in Nigeria but has spent a significant part of her childhood in the US. She has a diploma in Business Management and Masters Degrees in Business Management (MBA), as well. She worked in corporate America for several years before she decided to turn her passion into a full-time Business. She worked for MAC Cosmetics within the states and attended Masterclasses to add her craft.
9. Flawless Faces by Jane is owned by Jane Ogu Head makeup artist, beauty educator for MUD Nigeria.
Training over 5000 students in Nigeria, with over 9 years experience in the beauty industry Jane Ogu has an impressive portfolio.
“My love for the art started from when I was 16, I actually trained professionally 16 and have been practising since then. I love flawless looks, whether it’s beauty or editorial my main aim always is to create a flawless finish, enhance the facial features and most importantly to apply make-up and to apply it correctly”
Flawless Faces by Jane has a list of clientele ranging from Lola Omotayo, Genevieve Nnaji, Stephanie Coker and a list of socialites. The brand also attends to bridal make-up, red carpet looks and editorial make-up.
10. Olajide David Okerayi is a Nigerian makeup artist based in the heart of Abuja, he is also the founder and CEO of ST. OLA MAKEUP STUDIO. Jide is popularly known for his work with top models, celebrities, top government officials and jobs for TV, online blogs and magazines.
Olajide is a self-trained makeup artist who acts as a mentor for aspiring makeup artists. He has succeeded in empowering so many people in the industry. He has organized makeup training for upcoming makeup artists and professional makeup artists.
In 2012, he was awarded the Abuja Young Entrepreneurs Award in the health and beauty category. He is also the first Nigerian makeup artist to come out with a DVD makeup tutorial called “The Makeup Navigator”. He has been to several makeups shows home and abroad and can confidently be called a key player in the Nigerian beauty industry.